Complete Powerpoint slide presentation for forklift instructors. Ready made training course
National Operator Registration Scheme (NORS)
NORS is a centralised registration, certification and validation system for Lift Truck operators and other mechanical handling equipment drivers. Until 2005 there was no system in place to identify people who are trained to drive fork lift trucks nationally. The NORS system, introduced by the Road Transport Industry Training Board, aims to correct that.
Registration on the NORS system lasts for three years. After that, the RTITB will write to the operator to remind them that refresher training is due and will also remind them of the name of their original training provider.
As of July 2010 there was 210,000 names on the NORS database and 68,000 per year are being added.
- It will allow you to easily obtain duplicate certificates in the event of loss or damage to originals
- It will allow employers to easily verify the details of your training
- Improve the possibility of access to funded training by meeting the requirements of UK educational funding agencies
(Note: The above comments are copied from the RTITB website)
- It will be easy to identify properly trained RTITB Operators via the NORS registration number
- It will be easy to obtain further information about training undertaken by a current or prospective employee
- The registration renewal notification will support employers to ensure their operators remain safe operators, who receive refresher training as described by the HSE route map and guidance.
Note: If anyone connected with the NORS scheme would like to expand on the above, please contact me and I will be glad to update this page.
Disclaimer: The legislative information contained on this web site is my interpretation of the law based on many years in the health and safety business. A definitive interpretation can only be given by the courts. I will therefore not be held responsible for any accident/incident/prosecution arising as a consequence of anyone using any information obtained from this web site.